- Other Event
- Starts: 07/06/2019 7:30 pm
- Ends: 07/06/2019 11:00 pm
7:30 pm – 11:00 pm: concert on the museum esplanade. Les Madeeson & Co. will perform French and American songs from the 1940s and 1950s. Spectators, whether in period military or civilian clothing, are invited to dance and swing to the music of yesteryear. Catering and drinks on site.
– Late opening of the museum (closing at 10:00 pm, last entrance at 9:00 pm).
– Late opening of the camp “Utah Memory Field” until 11:00 pm. Catering and drinks on site.
– 11 pm: fireworks on Utah Beach
Organisation: Utah Beach Museum – email@example.com – 02 33 71 53 35
The Utah Beach Landings Museum is situated on the site of a former German strongpoint that was crushed by the U.S. assault force on Utah Beach in the morning of D-Day, 6 June 1944. Among a lot of war related items, this museum features a rare Martin B 26 ‘Marauder’, an American medium-size bomber.
Three ceremonies will be held on June 6th, 2019 in the Utah Beach sector in Normandy. The first ceremony will start at 8:45 am at the Winters Monument, the second one will take place at 9:15 am at the Franco-Danish monument and the third official ceremony will be at 10:30 am at Utah Beach.