- Other Event
- Starts: 31/08/2019 9:00 am
- Ends: 01/09/2019 5:00 pm
Tanks in Mons commemorates the liberation of the city of Mons in 1944 by the 83rd Reconnaissance Battalion of the 3rd U.S. Armored Division.
For the occasion, a large collection of armored vehicles will be presented: shermans, chaffees, pershings, tank destroyers, half tracks, armored cars, but also jeeps, trucks and many others will peacefully invade the historic center of the city of Mons.
« Post War » legendary vehicles are also presented to the public, including the famous Leopard tank.
The program’s activities include:
- Patriotic Ceremonies of 2nd of September
- Period Military Camp
- Tank Rides
- International Flea Market
- Historical Parade on Sunday
- Patriotic Ceremonies in Cuesmes
- Reenactment of a battle in Mesvin
- Arrival and Static Show on the Grand Place