- Other Event
- Starts: 30/05/2019 9:00 am
- Ends: 07/06/2019 7:00 pm
Reconstruction of the US paratrooper Camp Geronimo featuring the American airborne troops in Normandy. Presence of 9 tanks.
Everyday, all day long on the camp, you will find:
- American paratrooper display: equipment and weapons
- Demolition display: mining-demining
- First Aid Station in combat zone with evacuation of casualties (ambulance)
- Reconstruction of a Post Exchange (PX), military shop that improve soldier’s everyday life
- Armored reconnaissance unit in campaign overview (tanks, armored cars, light vehicles, weapons)
- Display of military cooking. Explanations on different types of rations
- Exhibition of vehicles and equipment
Late evening on Saturday until midnight.
Between 11 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.: Animations about pathfinders, night re-enactment with equipment and weapons.
Entrance is free of charge. The event is organised by and at the Airborne Museum in Sainte-Mère-Eglise.