- Other Event
- Starts: 13/12/2019 9:00 am
- Ends: 15/12/2019 4:00 pm
Friday December 13 7 p.m.
Grand opening and fireworks
Saturday Dec. 14 and Sunday Dec. 15
from 9 a.m. till 6 p.m.
- Militaria fair: books, militaria, clothing,…
- Meeting veterans
- Open door day Vehicle Restoration Center: a unique insight in the restoration workshop of the War Heritage Institute
- Demo historic vehicles: including the Sherman Jumbo ‘First in Bastogne’
- Demo by the Panther tank of the Musée des Blindés, Saumur
- European premiere: demos by M1 Abrams and M2 Bradley
- Presence 101st US Airborn
- Living history: communications, engineers, medical component
- Special Operations Regiment
- Motorized Brigade with two variants of the PIRANHA III C
- Medical component
- Info centre Belgian Defense
Sunday December 15 from 1 till 4 p.m.
Parade with the participation of the US 101st Airborne Division
Organised by the Town of Bastogne, the commemoration is a patriotic procession that brings together veterans, brotherhoods, dignitaries, students, Belgian and American military platoons and veterans and includes the laying of two wreaths. The ‘Jet de Noix’ from the balcony of the Town Hall brings the commemoration to a close. Free admission.
Historical walk punctuated with static reconstructions set up by collectors. Three different walking distances starting from the Sports Centre. Price: €6.
Great sound and light show projected on the monument of Mardasson. Interactive show created by Luc PETIT highlighting seven characters (two soldiers and an American General, a German prisoner soldier, a mother, a child and a journalist) and their history. There will be 2 shows on Saturday Dec. 14th at 5.30 pm and 8.00 pm.